- Director of Policy Analysis at Education Post
- Pro to the question "Do Standardized Tests Improve Education in America?"
“Standardized tests are a spotlight that helps education leaders see what effect schools are having on students. With that information they can make changes to address students’ needs…
Standardized tests help principals and other school leaders figure out which groups of students are struggling and gives them the evidence they need to push for changes.
Before we had standardized tests, some might have been able to intuitively sense which students were falling behind, but they didn’t have much in the way of hard evidence to back it up. Without evidence, it’s hard to justify the sometimes uncomfortable changes needed to help students.”
“Does Standardized Testing Help Students,” EducationPost.com, May 25, 2018
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Director of Policy Analysis, Education Post, Feb. 2018-present
- Editor, Education Post, Jan. 2017-present
- Director of Communications, TNTP (formerly The New Teacher Project), Jan. 2015-Jan. 2017
- Regional Press Secretary, StudentsFirst, Nov. 2013-Jan. 2015
- Director of Strategic Outreach, Agency for Persons with Disabilities, Oct. 2012-Nov. 2013
- BA, Communications and Broadcast Journalism, Brigham Young University, 2005
- Contact Info:
- Twitter handle: @lanewrightme
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Do Standardized Tests Improve Education in America?